The world of SEO is becoming more sophisticated day by day. An average internet advertiser thinks about SEO in terms of writing web contents that are simply for the purpose of the search engines. But there is what is called going an extra mile in writing for SEO and internet marketing! Take for instance; you have visited a site that is giving hot news in town. Perhaps it is talking about a given celebrity involved in a ‘big type’ scandal. You know friends in your social networking site would be interested in that tasteful news and you send a link about the story. That is all about link baiting.
This is what is rocking the world of SEO today. Simply defined, link baiting is any creation of a puller story, feature, news or anything for that matter that will set people in hot debate or discussion in the forums, elicit interests in the blogging community, elicit postings in reddit, Furl , digg , Shoutwire, and create the interest of web owners to link to your site.
Link baiting is indeed gearing up yourself or business to make free publicity in the forums, blogs, social networking sites and others. This is a unique kind of marketing, but the key question will be how to get that kind of bait that will capture the attention of the free promoters of your site.
You can imagine something as simple as creation of a very interesting article. You may also think of interviewing a celebrity or a very important person and publishing key doses about the interview. You do not have to meet person. A simple action of calling or Email will do.
Think of a sort of controversial story that you can spice up and people will have the interest of reading it. Think of something that is newsworthy. Think of something more than a ‘man biting a dog’ incident. Think of something that will be sweet music in the ears of many.
The following are some more ideas that you can explore in your site to make it become the next topic in the forums or the blogging community. The challenge is to come up with the kind that will be ideal to your business.
1. Writing reports or publishing a relevant data or information that you know people will always be in need of.
2. Sponsoring a contest that you know will be worthy the attention of the media.
3. Writing a controversial piece of an article.
4. Exposing a scandal or a given scam, especially when you are the first to make the revelation
5. Being the first in publishing and documenting something that is relevant to the masses and particular niche market.
6. Dwelling on humor or funny articles.
7. Coming up with a distinct theory that people may find outrageous.
8. Disagreeing on a thing the authority is inclined to support particularly in your line of expertise.
9. Opposing a key legislation or international convention with facts worthy listening to.
10. Coming up with a software or unique discovery.